Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Apple Dipple Cake

 


Nana makes this cake often as it is one of her favorite recipes. She made it this Christmas and took it to the family Christmas party. The recipe was given to her in the early 1960's by her good friend Dot Powell. I haven't made this yet, but it is so good I have to go ahead and share it with you.

Apple Dipple Cake

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup Wesson oil
2 cup sugar
3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large apples (chopped)
1 cup Angel-Flake coconut
1 cup chopped pecans


Beat eggs, oil and sugar together. Blend in flour, soda, vanilla and salt. This makes a stiff batter, so beat well. Fold in chopped apples, coconut and chopped pecans. Bake in bundt pan or 2 loaf pans in 350 degree oven for one hour.

Topping
1 stick margarine
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup milk


Cook all together for 3 minutes after mixture comes to a boil. Pour over cake while cake and topping is still hot. Leave cake in pan in refrigerator overnight so topping can soak into cake.

3 comments:

Lones World said...

Oh my...I'm going to have to try this. I am not much of a coconut fan though. Do you think I could leave that out? Any suggestions on a substitution or would that even be necessary?

Elizabeth said...

I would think you could just add extra apple instead of coconut. Let me know how it goes.

Jenniffer said...

Hi Elizabeth! Saw your post on Cake Wrecks and then saw you were from Chattanooga so I had to drop you a comment! I'm just down the road in Dalton!

Apple cake looks super delicious!

-Jenniffer
http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com