Sunday, July 12, 2009

Baby Cakes

This weekend I made a baby shower cake for Baby Braden. Here is the picture I was given for inspiration:


And here is the cake I made:


At first I thought I could search the internet for a Baby Booties cake topper, but didn't find anything that would work. So I had to make my own...with rice krispy treats, yum!

First I used a 2 inch biscuit cutter to cut a round out of the treat.


Then, using the cutter as a guide I traced a pattern for the shape of the booties. Then I used a sharp knife to cut the second layer.

Then you stack the layers and use scraps to fill in sharp angles. I also made a small crater in the top to look more like the opening of a shoe. I used a tart shaper, but the back of a spoon might work too.


Slather some icing on and cover with fondant, then add details, (I used royal icing.) And voila! Cutie Booties!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are impressing me with these cake decorating talents of yours. Can't wait to see more interesting projects that you are doing!!!!

Lori Bailey